Jun 2, 2013

about poetry, or more specifically, about finding poems

There's this great new blog that one of my internet friends started-- it's called Found Poems and basically the idea is very simple.

You leave a poem-- any poem-- in a public place for someone else to find.

Here's what my friend has to say about it:
Hello!
My name is Beth and I’m the admin of found-poems, a new blog/poetry initiative.
The aim of found-poems is to spread poetry, language and writing as well as give a voice to both poets and the lovers of poetry who wish to spread the writing that they love.

Basically, you simply leave a poem somewhere (one of your own or one that you want to “give”) such as inside a library book, on a bus seat, in a bathroom cubicle (although vandalism is discouraged). All you need to do is write the URL of this blog somewhere on it! You can take a picture if you’re leaving one somewhere and submit it to this blog, and if you find one please submit a picture, or the poem itself.
I hope you enjoy this blog!

Basically, I think this is a super cool idea and I've already left behind several poems myself. (in a shoe store and in a movie theatre, respectively.)

So please check out Found Poems and help us make it amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment